- Fellow of the Aerospace Medical Association (FAsMA) – since June 20th, 2020;
- Doctor in Philosophy – since March 21st, 2019 (PhD);
Honours and Achievements:
- IEEE EMBS AdCOM Representative of Europe (from 2022 to 2024);
- Mentor and Role Model of the Space4Women network of United Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) (since 2020);
- President of the Aerospace Human Factors Association (since 2018);
- Member-at-Large of the Aerospace Medical Council (since 2019);
- Co-Leader of the Space Exploration Project Group of the Space Generation Advisory Council (since 2019);
- Member of the Steering Committee of The Mars Society (since 2018).
- AIKO – Autonomous Space Missions
- Mars University;
- Member of the Advisory Board of InnovaSpace (UK);
- Tufts University (USA);
- TU Delft (The Netherlands);
- National University of Ireland Galway (Rep. of Ireland);
- King’s College London (UK);
- University of Pisa (Italy).
- Space Studies Program (International Space University – The Netherlands) ;
- Structured PhD in neural engineering (National University of Ireland Galway – Rep. of Ireland);
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in biomedical engineering (University of Pisa – Italy).
Invited as keynote speaker by the:
- CTBT Science and Technology Conference 2021 – High Opening Level –Space science and technology for global sustainable development, peace, and security
- ESA Astronaut Selection Campaign – Episode #3 – All of them to be the next generation of astronauts?
- United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs – “Pushing Frontiers: Human Spaceflight and Disability“
- Working Group on Space and Global Health 2020 and 2021- United Nations
- Space & Extreme Environment Research Center of the Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre
- Lunar Night Survival Workshop – Universities Space Research Association
- University of Southampton (UK)
- University of Porto (Portugal)
- University of Pisa (Italy)
- TEDx Padova
- International Space Medicine Bellagio Summit II 2017
- ESA Moon-Mars workshop
- Harvard University (USA)
- Xpomet (Germany)
- MIT New Space Age Conference (USA)
- Seal of Excellence released by the European Union 2020;
- Finalist of the EuroMoonMars/ArtMoonMars ESA 2019
- Travel grant by the Tufts Postdoctoral Association 2019
- 60th British Applied Mathematics Colloquium bursary from the University of St. Andrews (UK) 2018
- Anita Mantri Scholarship 2018 by the Aerospace Medical Association
- Winner of multiple Emerging Space Leaders Scholarships (2016 and 2017) by The Mars Society
- Winner of the IEEE EMB talks in modelling (2018)
- Winner of the ESA scholarship (2018) by the International Space University
- Winner of the Research and Development Innovation Award of Life Sciences and Biomedical Engineering Branch of the Aerospace Medical Association (2014).
Featured on: HBO, French TV, VICE USA and Italy, Irish Times, Engineers Ireland, Rai TV, La Repubblica, Le Monde, IEEE Pulse and many others.
Publications: Ilaria Cinelli Google Scholar.