- Fellow of the Aerospace Human Factors Association (FAsHFA) – since August 2021;
- Fellow of the Aerospace Medical Association (FAsMA) – since June 20th, 2020;
- Doctor in Philosophy – since March 21st, 2019 (PhD);
Honours and Achievements:
- IEEE EMBS AdCOM Representative of Europe | 2022 – 2024;
- Mentor and Role Model of the Space4Women network of United Office for Outer Space Affairs (UNOOSA) | since 2020;
- President of the Aerospace Human Factors Association | 2018 – 2021;
- Member-at-Large of the Aerospace Medical Association’s Council | 2019 – 2022;
- Co-Leader of the Space Exploration Project Group of the Space Generation Advisory Council | 2019 – 2021;
- Member of the Steering Committee of The Mars Society | since 2018.
- AIKO – Autonomous Space Missions;
- Mars University;
- Member of the Advisory Board of InnovaSpace (UK);
- Tufts University (USA);
- TU Delft (The Netherlands);
- National University of Ireland Galway (Rep. of Ireland);
- King’s College London (UK);
- University of Pisa (Italy).
- Space Studies Program (International Space University – The Netherlands) | 2018;
- Structured PhD in neural engineering (National University of Ireland Galway – Rep. of Ireland) | 2013-2019;
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in biomedical engineering (University of Pisa – Italy) | 2006-2012.
Invited as keynote speaker by the:
- CTBT Science and Technology Conference – High Opening Level –Space science and technology for global sustainable development, peace, and security | 2021;
- ESA Astronaut Selection Campaign – Episode #3 – All of them to be the next generation of astronauts? | 2021;
- United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs – “Pushing Frontiers: Human Spaceflight and Disability” | 2021;
- Working Group on Space and Global Health – United Nations | 2020 and 2021;
- Space & Extreme Environment Research Center of the Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre | 2020 and 2021;
- Lunar Night Survival Workshop – Universities Space Research Association | 2018;
- University of Southampton (UK) | 2018;
- University of Porto (Portugal) | 2018;
- University of Pisa (Italy) | 2017;
- TEDx Padova | 2017;
- International Space Medicine Bellagio Summit II (Italy) | 2017;
- ESA Moon-Mars workshop (The Netherlands) | 2017, 2018 and 2019;
- Harvard University (USA) | 2019;
- Xpomet (Germany) | 2019;
- MIT New Space Age Conference (USA) | 2019;
- Crea(c)tivity (Italy) | 2017 and 2021.
Scholarships and Awards:
- ASCEND Diverse Dozen 2021, powered by The American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics | 2021;
- Seal of Excellence released by the European Union | 2020;
- Finalist of the EuroMoonMars/ArtMoonMars ESA | 2019;
- Travel grant by the Tufts Postdoctoral Association | 2019;
- 60th British Applied Mathematics Colloquium bursary from the University of St. Andrews (UK) | 2018;
- Anita Mantri Scholarship by the Aerospace Medical Association | 2018;
- Winner of multiple Emerging Space Leaders Scholarships by The Mars Society | 2016 and 2017;
- Winner of the IEEE EMB talks in modelling | 2018;
- Winner of the ESA scholarship by the International Space University | 2018;
- Winner of the Research and Development Innovation Award of Life Sciences and Biomedical Engineering Branch of the Aerospace Medical Association | 2014.
- Ilaria Cinelli is one of the 15 Italian women who made their mark in 2021 accourding to Sole24Ore in Alleyoop | 2021;
- Ilaria Cinelli is one of the 110 women who will change the World according to Repubblica | 2021.
- Rai 3, tramissione “Maestri”, “Perchè vogliamo così tanto andare su Marte?” | 2021.
- Ilaria was featured on: HBO, French TV, VICE USA and Italy, Irish Times, Engineers Ireland, Rai TV, La Repubblica, Le Monde, IEEE Pulse and many others.
Publications: Ilaria Cinelli Google Scholar.